Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pregnancy at 37 weeks

Pregnancy @ 37 weeks

A backdated post.

You would not imagine how happy I am when I got into my 37th week pregnancy.
A typical, single pregnancy lasts about 40 weeks, but a twin pregnancy often lasts between 35 to 37 weeks. Nearly half of all twins are born prematurely (before 37 weeks).
In the early stage, lots of relatives and friends had advice me against moving or walk too much since I am carrying twins. Fear that they will come out earlier (since twins have higher possibility of being born premature), I rested a lot on bed during this pregnancy.

My gynae in private hospital even suggested a jab of steroid to mature their lung and medication to delay delivery just in case they arrives early. Thank goodness the boys decided to stay in the womb for a longer time as I decided to go as natural as possible.

So, being able to carry the twins to the 37th week was indeed a great achievement for me!

1 comment:

Kim - editor of Raising Twins.com said...

Congratulations on making it to 37 weeks with twins! That's wonderful - your babies are off to a great start - you must have done all the right things :)