Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Almost 2 years being a SAHM

Is it really that nice being a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mother)?

I wasn't used to it for the first year after resigning from my job. At that time, I still send my girl to her nanny, even just for a few hours a day, so that I can have my own ME time. After sometime, when my girl is old enough to go to school, she stops going to her nanny.

Now each morning I send and pick her up from school, making sure lunch and dinner is ready on the table. I feel blessed to be able to live such a life, to be with my child whenever she needs me. But on the other hand, I feel that I have been taken for granted,especially by hubby, for being available at all time.

For you who have been a SAHM for quite sometime, do you feel the same as I do?

4 comments:

Jess said...

you are one such lucky mommy to be a SAHM. you should enjoy it. very few mommy can really spend quality them with their kids...i'm really happy for you

Mummy to QiQi said...

thanks Jess....it is really rewarding (minus the money part, haha!!!)

Malaika's mummy said...

what you said is true, I also feel like I have been taken granted by hubby. When I said I need to have some time alone, he shrugs it off, as it he is the only one that need time off and not me.

But on the other hand, it is great to be able to spend quality time with our little one.

Martini said...

me too feel the same :(