Tips for Building the Twin Bond
- The twin relationship is very strong indeed. Yet parents can help their multiples deepen their bond by following these tips.
- Give your multiples lots of praise when one does something considerate or nice for the other.
- Take each twin shopping individually to buy a special birthday or holiday gift for the other.
- Talk candidly and frequently about being happy for the other’s achievements. When one wins an award or trophy, help the other make a homemade card of congratulations.
- Nurture all sibling relationships. Encourage each multiple to spend time alone with other single-born children in the family.
- Offer privacy when needed and never insist on constant twin togetherness.