Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Chances of conceiving twins















We were really trilled to see 2 identical images on the screen when I went for my check up 3 weeks back. Although I fancy twins a lot, I would never dream of having a pair of twin myself since there isn't any family history on twins, even from both side of the family.

Even my hubby got suspicious how the twin came about...haha......

Alright, after some research, I found out the truth about the chances of conceiving twins. Chances are:

  • If you already have children for a woman's chances of having twins increase with each pregnancy.
  • You're older. As you age, your body produces more follicle-stimulating hormone, which can cause your ovaries to "drop" several eggs during each cycle.
  • You're overweight. Research found that women with a body mass index (BMI) over 30 are twice as likely to have fraternal twins as are thinner women. In addition, the study found that taller women (those over 5'5") are more likely to have fraternal twins than shorter women are.
  • Multiples run in your family. (This is especially true on the mother's side.) In fact, one in 60 female nonidentical twins gives birth to multiples.

3 comments:

miche said...

so, r u saying dat u are old and fat??? kahkahkahkahkahkah

giddy tiger said...

So how many of those criteria did you fulfill? :)

shern's mom said...

oh,
point 1: checked. (i have a boy already)
point 2: checked. (gettin older each day)
point 3: checked. (i don't know about my bmi but i sure know i'm fat)
point 4: checked! (i'm a twin, hopefully i'm the ONE in 60)

wait for my good news. haha...

...


...


...

::day dreamin::