Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Green Tea advisable for Pregnancy?


I remember I drank green tea almost daily in my last pregnancy. Not sure if it can be too cooling that lead me to my miscarriage but I believe drinking in moderation shouldn't be a problem. Read this:

Despite the health benefits of green tea (scientists think it may protect against cancer), it's best to skip it if you're trying to conceive. It decreases the effectiveness of folic acid, which is vital for preventing neural tube defects in the first month after conception. The effect is small if you continue to eat folate-rich greens and take a folic-acid supplement, but why take a chance? After the first trimester, up to a cup a day is fine.

3 comments:

kiasumum said...

i think it's true coz i encounter this too when i miscarriage on my second pregnancy before Sidney. So when I had Sidney, i dare not touch green tea.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

I did not ask doctor on this but as soon as I knew I was pregnant automatically I skipped coffee and tea (basically caffein including green tea too) and wallops lots of milk and milo or horlicks. Thanks to magazines like Fitness & Shape in which I'd learn latest nutrition and health tips for women.

make money online said...

Do you want to have high extra-incomes from your home?
Don't waste your time, contact me!
www.successwithauctions.com