Thursday, March 29, 2007

Playgroup in Sg.Long


I have always tempted to send my little gal, who is now 3 to a proper (or should i say suitable) playgroup. In shopping malls, we can find many profitable playgroup, such as those with indoor playground, with a guided teacher, and even computers for little ones. However I find that kids nowadays are very clever (many say it is due to the "DHA" that they have been drinking from their formula today). And obviously we don't need them to be "clever" to make them a better person.

Few months back, I came across a mum who has the experience of sending her kids to "pre-dharma" school. Dharma school is obviously for kids (school aged) for those who are buddhist, it is just similar to the Christian's sunday school. I am very eager to enrol my gal into such program, sincerely believe that good values and virtues should be taught from young, and it is impossible to rely on our "pendidikan moral" in our Malaysia education system.

With effort of all parties, especially the Sg.Long Buddhist society, we managed to start up playgroup in our area. Our playgroup runs on every Saturday morning, and in that 2 hours, our activities contains of free play, break time, crafts session and circle time (story telling or singing).

1 comment:

Peridot&Sapphire said...

hmm... interesting... I also plan to let me girl join this type of group but not sure where in Penang. We have Tzu Chi sunday school very near my place but I need to find out more too...